Not all information is visible. Please log in or register to see more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UK: Essentials Ask the Community Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know if you can produce a report in XPLAN showing all clients and all plans held?

gemma.britten
Community Member: Level 4

Does anyone know if you can produce a report in XPLAN showing all clients and all plans held?

Im trying to run a report from XPLAN showing all clients and all plans held by them. This is something I could create when I used AO.

I have been shown how to create a report for assets, then pensions, then protection but its a shame I have to create 3 of them to get the data required.

I have also noticed when creating these reports client plans are duplicated, for example when a client and partner bother have GIAs, ISAs and then a joint acc together, I would expect to see 5 rows on the report for the 2 GIAs, 2 ISAs and 1 joint acc, however it seems to duplicate everything and I get 10 rows, 5 with the client named and 5 with the partner named. I have raised a ticket for this but it seems the only suggested solution is to add a formula to this. Has anyone else experience this at all and can suggest anything to resolve this?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lee.coakley
Iress People

Hi @gemma.britten 

Glad there is some data coming through now. 

I think those policies that are missing will need a bit more investigation as there could be other reasons why they are not appearing. I would suggest this is raised with support to specifically check these.

Many thanks

Lee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
lee.coakley
Iress People

Hi @gemma.britten hope you are well.

Thank you for your question.

The most efficient way of producing this type of data within Xplan is to split out via the different data sources.

With the duplication of plans with your extract it might be worth using an advanced search to eliminate this issue. This can be done by using a field call 'Is Master' and I have attached an example on how this would look for assets. 

Is master.png

Advance searches can be set up under the client search bar and then can be attached to your Xport using the cog against the data source, see below

advanced search.png

data source 1.png

data source 2.png

Alternatively, there is a solution we offer called a Policy Schedule that will extract all clients holding into one report, the details of this solution can be found here

This report can be run on multiple clients and will zip the separate documents up for you. We do recommend if you are carrying this out on a number of clients, that it is done outside of business hours.

Please let me know if this helps.

Many thanks

Lee

gemma.britten

Hi Lee,

Thank you so much for your reply.

So I added he search criteria below and then added this to my Xport Report

I was feeling super hopefully, I ran the report and it came out with no data unfortunately. Do you know why this might be? When I remove this from my report I do get data.

Thank you,

Gemma

lee.coakley
Iress People

Hi @gemma.britten 

Sorry that didn't work for you. The Advanced Search which includes ‘Is Master’ should prevent duplicates appearing in your extract.

I recommend you raise a support ticket and provide a 7 day iAssist and we can investigate why this is not working for you.

Many thanks

Lee

gemma.britten

Hi Lee,

I had originally raised a ticket but I was given a formula to add to my spreadsheet to sort the problem, unfortunately this is fiddly and doesnt help me with future reports. It went on for weeks.

Can you tell me where in XPLAN does the 'IS Master' pull its data from?

Thank you

Gemma

lee.coakley
Iress People

Hi @gemma.britten 

Could be that I have over complicated it slightly, in your site there should be an existing advanced search called 'Without Partner (For Assets).' Can you apply this one to your asset extract and let me know if you get data out this time?

Many thanks

Lee

gemma.britten

Hi Lee,

Thank you for this. So this time I did get some data which was positive.

I ran this report and I also ran one without this option and compared them. On the one with the option selected, it definitely removed the duplicates, however there were about 30 lines on the report without this option that were missing from this one. Im trying to now work out why they would be excluded when selecting the Without partner option when I believe they should be on there. Any ideas? 

Many thanks

Gemma

lee.coakley
Iress People

Hi @gemma.britten 

Glad there is some data coming through now. 

I think those policies that are missing will need a bit more investigation as there could be other reasons why they are not appearing. I would suggest this is raised with support to specifically check these.

Many thanks

Lee

gemma.britten

Thank you for your help Lee, much appreciated.