Not all information is visible. Please log in or register to see more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UK: Essentials Ask the Community Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got any questions about us enabling two factor authentication?

david.mann
Iress People

Got any questions about us enabling two factor authentication?

We know that two factor authentication is quite commonplace now, but that doesn't mean you won't have any questions about what it will look like in Xplan.

Please ask any questions here and then everyone else in the group will be able to benefit from the answer.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
robert.seymour
Community Member: Level 4

will this ask for a passcode everytime i log in ( about 10 times per day) or is it going to allow this laptop for seven days?

david.mann
Iress People

Hi @robert.seymour , thanks for your question.

No - I think having to type in a code ten times a day wouldn't be reasonable.

Initially, we're setting it up so that you only have to enter a passcode once every 14 days.  We think this will ensure there's as little disruption as possible (especially whilst everyone's registering and getting used to it), but we reserve the right to review this period in the future.

I hope that helps.

Dave

nick.holness
Community Member: Level 5

Hi David, thanks for putting this thread up - MFA is a key part of security nowadays as you say.

Can you give us any insight as to how it will work, is it SMS based? App based? Can we setup SSO for a more seamless end user experience?

Thank you in advance

Nick

david.mann
Iress People

Hi @nick.holness , great to hear from you!  Hope you and the team are well.

At the moment, we can only support email and SMS based.  Xplan itself offers software token / app as well - so you might see reference to that in other articles, but Client Portal only supports email and SMS.  We have to go with  a 'lowest common denominator' approach, as if we offered software token in Xplan, it would mean those using Client Portal / Xplan Mortgage etc wouldn't be able to log in.

Iress is working on a new authentication module for the future anyway, but we wanted to offer this in the first instance.

Single sign on is only available if you manage your own site as the rules / tokens are set up at the site level.

I hope that helps for now.

Thanks, Dave