Not all information is visible. Please log in or register to see more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UK: Essentials Ask the Community Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts - Income why No Details

michelle.mullin
Community Member: Level 7

Alerts - Income why No Details

Hi, 

I am using the Income|why No Details field on an alert. 

What I am trying to get, is a list of clients who do not have any income listed on xplan following a review meeting.  I think what it is generating is income that has not been updated. 

Please can you let me know how I would generate this with alerts?  As the clients which have come up all have income in the income and expenses page. 

Many thanks, 

Michelle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
caroline.brennan
Iress People

Hi Michelle - apologies for the delay in looking at this.

I've just had a look at advanced search - which is where I usually start to look at alerts from. If you look at the options in advanced search under income there are only 3 items available to search for

carolinebrennan_0-1725437080403.png

This means that the income group is not the right one to be searching for.

If you change your crtieria to instead look for Cashflow this should be the group you actually need.

carolinebrennan_1-1725437165437.png

However, this will not pick up clients where there is expenditure listed but no income.

The alert would then look along these lines

carolinebrennan_2-1725438079641.png

Hopefully this will work better for you but please let me know if you are still having issues with it.

Regards

Caroline

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
lee.coakley
Iress People

Hi @michelle.mullin 

Hope you are well.

Are you able to use the 'Data exists' option within the alert. This should give you client where there has been no income record.

Community q - Alerts.png

Let me know whether this works for you.

Thanks

Lee

michelle.mullin

Hi Lee, 

I updated the criteria yesterday to the below, and it has run overnight and still people who have income details are coming through?

michellemullin_0-1724833041215.png

Many thanks, 

Michelle

caroline.brennan
Iress People

Hi Michelle

It might be worth trying this as the alert instead of 2 separate lines. Both the statements are added by the + within the AND statement. I haven't tested it though so there may be an issue with what you are trying.

carolinebrennan_0-1724834423674.png

Did you know that you can test out the syntax by going into a client who  one who would not break the rule and by using this check feature? It will save you having to wait overnight to see if it is working.

carolinebrennan_1-1724834536418.png

Regards

Caroline

michelle.mullin

Hi Caroline, 

Thanks for this - I didn't know you could do this, so that's a great help. 

I have updated the Alert, but I'm still having the same issues.  When I am checking the breach reason, it's giving me the reason being the review was completed in the last 30 days, but it's set so that all criteria must be met, as well as the filter list? 

Thank you. 

Michelle

caroline.brennan
Iress People

Hi Michelle - I had a feeling this might be the case - it may be because Income and reviews are unrelated groups. If you could explain why you expect there to be income and then what the relationship is about the review details being completed I can take a look next week and see if we can work out a solution for you.

Regards

Caroline

michelle.mullin

Hi Caroline, 

Thank you - I really appreciate this. 

Basically, it would be helpful to be able to see where a review has been completed, that certain areas are updated on xplan.  Once I have gotten this one cracked, would like a few other alerts too.  

So there should be income details recorded on xplan for every client going forward once they have had a review.  So then I can monitor why these details are being obtained at review meetings. 

I hope this makes sense, but happy to talk this through if you need anything further from me? 

Thanks again. 

Michelle

caroline.brennan
Iress People

Hi Michelle - apologies for the delay in looking at this.

I've just had a look at advanced search - which is where I usually start to look at alerts from. If you look at the options in advanced search under income there are only 3 items available to search for

carolinebrennan_0-1725437080403.png

This means that the income group is not the right one to be searching for.

If you change your crtieria to instead look for Cashflow this should be the group you actually need.

carolinebrennan_1-1725437165437.png

However, this will not pick up clients where there is expenditure listed but no income.

The alert would then look along these lines

carolinebrennan_2-1725438079641.png

Hopefully this will work better for you but please let me know if you are still having issues with it.

Regards

Caroline

michelle.mullin

Hi Caroline, 

Thanks so much for your help with this one! 

I've amended it and I have tested it against a client where this shouldn't be coming up, and it now confirms there are no rule breaches. 

Is there anywhere on the community where there would be a bit of a breakdown/guide to sections/sub sections to the alerts?  As it's such a big tool, but if used correctly is very powerful. 

Thanks again, 

Michelle Mullin

caroline.brennan
Iress People

Hi Michelle - glad its working OK now.

It is just a case of getting used to what works and what doesn't to be hoenst. It also depends a lot on what fields you use and how your data is entered. I use advanced search to test out my alerts to start with. However, if you have any problems getting to what you need we are always happy to help. If you have a number of these you wnt to build and are struggling with we can provide some consutancy to help you build them. This can be arranged through your account manager and will hopefully mean you are up and running much more quickly with them

Regards

Caroline