Welcome to the Iress Community!
Thank you for taking a moment to review the community guidelines. The guidelines are here to:
- Help you become a valuable contributor to the community;
- Explain what kind of conduct to avoid, and
- Make sure the community is enjoyable for - and respectful of all our users.
When participating in the Iress Community, please remember to:
- Keep it clean, keep it professional. Every post should make a positive contribution to the community and should be suitable for all users. Your comments and posts should be on the forum topic of Iress software. We will remove any post or reply that includes derogatory, abusive, offensive, obscene, violent or inappropriate content. Always interact with other users respectfully, as you would in any professional setting.
- Stay on topic. Good contributions help the entire community by providing relevant, insightful information or asking important questions. If your post contains anything unrelated to the topic of the forum or article, it may be removed.
- Be honest, be yourself. The community is intended to be used for the helpful exchange of information between members. False, inaccurate, or otherwise misleading information is generally not helpful. Please be sincere in your community participation by only contributing content you know is accurate, and not misrepresenting your identity or your business qualifications.
- Be careful. This is user-generated content. You'll find an abundance of helpful content here, but be aware that your situation, configuration, or implementation will vary. Some advice you find here may even be wrong. Apply the same good judgment here that you would apply to information anywhere on the Internet.
- Submit only your own, original content. Help us maintain the community's reputation and observe the intellectual property rights of others by only submitting content you have personally written or else properly attributed. The community should not be used to distribute unauthorised copies of any copyrighted material.
- Respect the privacy of yourself and others. Please be careful not to share personal information about yourself or your business. Any post or reply that includes yours or another user's postal or email addresses, phone numbers, or other contact information will be removed immediately.
- Remember your readers. Writing in ALL CAPS or using HTML tags can make your contribution difficult to read. Excessive symbols, special characters, and slang can be equally hard to read and may also be confusing to users who are unfamiliar with their meanings. Try to follow standard email etiquette.
- Do not post unsolicited advertisements. Please respect the community's mission by not using it as a marketing channel or submitting any content you've been paid or otherwise rewarded by a third party to write. Unsolicited advertising will be removed.
- Help look after your community. The community is here for the benefit and enjoyment of members like you. If you notice content within the community that does not abide by these guidelines or the Terms of Service, please report it to our community moderators by clicking Report Abuse.
- Realise everyone is different. Raw text is ambiguous and often seems ruder than the same words coming from a person standing in front of you. Irony isn't always obvious - text is a flimsy medium without facial expressions, vocal inflection, or body language. Be careful of the words you choose - what you intended might not be what others perceive, and what you read might not be what the author intended.
- Follow your employer's social media and other policies. The company or dealer group you work for may have it's own social media and other policies policies. Please follow any policies required of you through your workplace.
Content Moderation Rules
Messages may be edited, deleted, or moved to more applicable discussion areas. Iress Community members may be banned or removed from the community at the discretion of site administrators.
While Iress does not censor members' thoughts, a post that is deemed not acceptable may be edited or removed without notice. Examples of such posts include:
- "Rants", "slams", or legal threats against Iress or another company or competitor.
- Threatening, defamatory, or abusive posts, either between forum members or directed towards a moderator, employee, or management.
- Off-topic comments which are unrelated to a thread regarding an Iress product or related support issue.
- Spam messages or posts repeated in various threads and spaces with little or no reference to relevant topic.
- Language that promotes illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
- Vulgar, obscene, or indecent language, information, or images.
- Bigoted, hateful, racially offensive, or religious comments.
- Unauthorised name dropping or private phone numbers and addresses (to protect privacy).
- Unauthorised copyrighted material or plagiarized content.
- Advertisements or posts that contain any form of commercial solicitation.
- Impersonation of another person or affiliation with an entity, including Iress.
- The dissemination of malware or other destructive material.
If your participation in the Iress Community violates your own workplace's policies, we will moderate the content in line with those policies if we're requested to do so.
By participating in the Iress Community you agree to follow these guidelines and rules as well as the full Iress Community Terms of Service. If you have any questions about our guidelines, terms, or policies, please let us know.